For over 25 years we have acted for landowners throughout Ireland in relation to property acquisitions, property disposals and general litigation matters.
As we move into the 21st Century landowners are now looking at many ways in which to earn an additional income from their land by diversification and we have been engaged by many who are tempted by the prospects of renewable energy providing a new source of income and a new manner to develop their lands and livelihoods.
We advise our clients related to renewable energy projects on land issues, planning and licensing regulations, contract law, energy regulatory law, contracts and disputes.
We help our clients navigate through the complexities of reviewing contracts, assessing the impact on their lands and participating in the negotiations with the various utility providers.
We are experienced in negotiating with utility providers, government departments and private firms on behalf of landowners’.
We assist with:
- Drafting site and lease agreements.
- Lease, Sale and Purchase Agreements for lands
- Easements and Rights Advice for access routes for roads, piping, pylons etc
- Lending Agreements to fund additional land works to allow for the expansion
- Option agreements with energy companies where planning has yet to be granted
- Advising on planning matters
Renewable energy in rural Ireland, in particular wind, continues to grow but planning and regulatory issues remain difficult so our clients need the very best advice to ensure they are protected at every step