Civil and Commercial Litigation is where an individual or business entity seeks the recourse of a legal system in non-criminal actions in law to find resolution to a problem they have encountered with another individual or business entity. It generally involves litigation between two or more parties that seek money damages or specific performance.
We have significant experience in such cases and we have developed a team of barristers and expert witnesses (medical and engineering) in many areas over the years to help you in your case.
Areas we have been involved in previously include –
- Breach of Contract
- Debt Recovery
- Breaches of Company Laws
- Contractual Disputes
- Breaches of Intellectual Property Law and Passing off actions
- Nuisance and Trespass over land
- Property and Planning Disputes
- Building Disputes and Defective Buildings
- Sale of Goods and Services Disputes
- Breaches of Planning and Environmental Law
- Product Defect cases
We also engage in Alternative Dispute Resolution mechanisms both in Civil and Commercial Litigation and are Accredited Mediators (see mediation section).
We also act for clients in Personal Injuries cases and in particular we advise on-
- PIAB Applications – this is the initial application before a case goes to Court (www.injuriesboard.ie)
- Cases involving injuries to minors
- Employers Liability for workplace accidents
- Road Traffic Accidents - both National and International
- Slip and Trip Accidents
- Occupiers Liability
- Product Liability
- Travel Accidents Abroad
Please note we have a comprehensive guide to taking a personal injuries action in our News and Insights section of this website.
Call us today to discuss your case or email some brief details of your case to us and we will revert to you with an initial assessment.
*Irish solicitors may not calculate fees or other charges in contentious business as a percentage or proportion of any award or settlement nor is it our practice to do so.