We advise existing business entities and start-up companies on the following areas of commercial law -
- Shareholders Agreements
- Share Purchase and Asset Purchase Agreements
- Partnership Agreements
- Software Licensing Agreements
- B2B Agreements and B2C Agreements
- Data Protection Agreements
- Distribution and Agency Agreements
- Company Formation - Limited Liability Company -v- Sole trader -v- Partnerships
- Online trading - Terms and Conditions of Usage, Privacy Policies
- Commercial Property Law - see our Property Law section
Intellectual Property Law is now very relevant to start-up companies in Ireland whether in the field of technology or more traditional start-up businesses.
We advise a number of clients in respect of applications for Patents, Trademarks and Copyright protection (including software copyright) to the Irish Patents Office, European Patents Office and the WIPO and have a number of close links with patent agents and trade mark attorneys throughout Ireland and Europe who assist in such applications.
We can also advise clients in respect of intellectual property infringement proceedings such as:
- Copyright, Patent and Trademark infringements
- Passing Off Actions
- Design Infringements
- Employee / Employer IP Disputes
- Intellectual Property Protections including Software Copyright, Software Licensing Agreements, Software Sale Agreements
IT Law and Data Protection Law is now something that every business needs to be aware of. We advise companies on their legal obligations and general legal structure to ensure full compliance with the legislation governing this complex area of law.
We also advise in the following areas:
- Privacy and Data Protection and Retention under Irish and European Law
- Computer related crime, Cyber Crime
- Social Media Compliance Law
Niall Geaney is the current Independent Adjudicator for Social Media Compliance in a National Sports Governing Body and has developed his knowledge in this area of law significantly over the last number of years.